Things tend to get a little depressing after the holidays but thankfully, there’s always awards season to look forward to! Now that everyone has a stylist, it’s rare for an actress to look like a total mess on the red carpet. Sadly, this often means that a majority of the outfits are absolutely boring and pedestrian. The four ladies pictured above definitely stood out to us as a cut above the rest.
- Lupita Nyong’o has been killing it on the red carpet this season. We love the way this bright Ralph Lauren frock looks against her dark complexion and also can’t get enough of the cape!
- Newcomer Margot Robbie looks stunning in this jewel adorned number by Gucci. Her hair and makeup are also flawless.
- For some reason, Lizzy Caplan barely got any camera time at the Golden Globes. We don’t understand the lack of attention because we think she looks great in this heavy metal piece by Emilio Pucci.
- Mom-to-be Olivia Wilde looks almost reptilian in this shimmery green gown by Gucci. It’s very plain but does a great job of flattering her pregnant figure. The color also looks great with her subtle ombre hair.
- At this point, Lupita Nyong’o could basically wear anything and convince us its stylish. This aquamarine Gucci number has a stunning neckline and we love how her eye makeup mimics its colors.
- Amy Adams looks absolutely glamorous in this beautiful blue gown by Antonio Berardi. The styling is also spot-on (we love the sparkly belt and old-school Hollywood hair).
- To be honest, we think that Lupita and Amy blew everyone else out of the water; however, we have to give props to Jennifer Garner. We’re so used to seeing her in sneakers and mom jeans that we’re always kind of shocked when she cleans up for the red carpet. This Max Mara dress is simple but classic and we love that it’s styled with a black belt.
- Elizabeth Moss is another actress that we’ve noticed has stepped up her game this red carpet season. We’re a little on the fence about her hair but definitely agree that she looks totally elegant in this poppy red gown by Michael Kors.