Here at Teddy, we’re attacking 2013 with full-force and looking ahead to Spring. This month, we attended the Fame & Intermezzo Trade Shows at the Javits Center in NYC. From sparkly baubles to bright, neon clutches, there were tons of adorable things to choose from. Lucky for you guys, our buyers (owner Lucy and manager Kirsten) have great taste and always pick out items that are beautiful and on-trend. The image above gives you a good idea of the different pieces that you can expect to see in-stores and online come late February/early March (clockwise starting from the upper left corner):
1. Kirsten is holding two skirts that will easily transition you from winter to spring. The (faux) leather skirt on the left will look great with slouchy sweaters, flowy blouses, and even your favorite baseball tee. We love the way that Nicole Loher, aka the Style Student, rocks her faux leather skirt and strongly suggest consulting her blog archive for ideas on how to wear your own. The skirt on the right has a bold pattern and somehow manages to be both boho-chic and structured at the same time. When styled correctly, it could be appropriate for both work and play (and will also look great with or without tights).
2. Lucy & sales rep Yessica are clearly in bag heaven! This season you can expect to see lots of bright, structured totes, slouchy hobos, and small crossbody bags.
3. Lucy and Kirsten take a break from all of the shopping to pose in from of the Javits Center sign. As fun as it is to buy new things, all of the decision-making can be quite exhausting!
4. These bright envelope clutches are absolutely to die for. When the cold & rainy March weather is getting you down, grabbing one of these cheerful bags will certainly brighten your spirits! Even better, they’re faux leather (and cruelty-free).
5. Sparkly cocktail rings are always a must. Even the simplest outfit becomes interesting if you paint your nails and slip on one of these glitzy, pretty baubles.
6. We will always be obsessed with tiny animal prints. Although it’s hard to tell in this picture, the dresses that Lucy is holding are actually adorned with tiny little parrots! Whimsical, fun, and graphic – what more could you want for Spring?
The image above contains three of our absolute favorite pieces from this past show (from left to right):
1. Although it looks like sales rep Mona is wearing two pieces, she is actually wearing a dress! Combining hard and soft elements is always a big runway trend (think BCBG Max Azria S/S ’13) and we love that this dress does it for you.
2. The leather skirt in the middle is another favorite because it’s a simple piece that is elevated to the next level with the addition of laser-cut outs. We think it would look super cool paired with some bright tights and ankle boots.
3. This black and gold dress has a bold pattern that will look great on even the smallest frame. Another thing we love about this dress is that it could be worn during every single season. Pair it with combat boots and a leather jacket in the fall, tights and ankle booties in the winter, a dark denim jacket and cool sneakers in the spring, and bare legs + strappy sandals in the summer. A piece this versatile is a must-have for every closet!
We hope you’re as excited as we are for the upcoming season! If you’re interested in seeing more of the pieces that we’ve chosen for Spring, be sure to check out our Facebook page (we update it with new pictures after every Trade Show).